Mongo Santamaria - Up From The Roots album download
Complete your Mongo Santamaria collection. Up From The Roots (LP, Album, Promo). Mongo Santamaria - Para Ti (1972).
Up from the Roots explores the African origins of Caribbean music, with Mongo Santamaria setting aside his trademark conga drums in favor of traditional African percussion instruments. Although far removed from the boogaloo sound of his late-'60s dates on Columbia, the LP features some of Santamaria's most potent and artful playing, capturing the rhythms and textures of traditional African chants with masterly precision
One person found this helpful.
Ramón "Mongo" Santamaría Rodríguez (April 7, 1917 – February 1, 2003) was a rumba quinto master and an Afro-Cuban Latin jazz percussionist. He was an integral figure in the fusion of Afro-Cuban rhythms with R&B and soul, paving the way for the boogaloo era of the late 1960s.
Wrong album? Let us know. Expand player Collapse player. UP FROM THE ROOTS Vinyl Record. WATERMELON MAN Vinyl Record. STONE SOUL Vinyl Record.
Style: latin-american. Mongo Santamaria - Virtue 03:31. Mongo Santamaria - Conga, Bata, Y Chequere (Lucumi & Mambo), Me Buele La Muela (Columbia) 05:11. The Very Best of Mongo Santamaria - Mongo Santamaria. Mongo '70 - Mongo Santamaria. The Best Of Mongo Santamaria, Vol. 2 - Mongo Santamaria. Afro American Latin - Mongo Santamaria. Mongo's Hour, Vol. 1 - Mongo Santamaria.
Mongo Santamaria - Afro Blue originally released on the album Mongo (Fantasy Records - 1959) reissued on the album Afro-Roots (Prestige Records - 1972).
Artist: Mongo Santamaria Genre: World Release Date: 06/08/1999 Label: Collectables Records Recording: Studio Length: 01:12:22 Format: C. Judy Clay: Vocals Armando Peraza: Bongos, Congas Marcelino Guerra: Choir, Chorus Mongo Santamaria: Congas Israel "Cachao" Lopez: Bass Bernard "Pretty" Purdie: Drums Eric Gale: Guitar Stanley Turrentine: Tenor Saxophone. View All . Dig-Deeper. Watermelon Man! (LP) Mongo Santamaria. Stone Soul (LP) Mongo Santamaria. Sofrito (CD) Mongo Santamaria. Afro Rhythm (CD) Mongo Santamaria. Mongo's Way (LP) Mongo Santamaria. Up From The Roots (LP) Mongo Santamaria. Montreux Heat Mongo Santamaria. Feelin' Alright Mongo Santamaria
Read about Grass Roots (LP Version) by Mongo Santamaria and see the artwork, lyrics and similar artists. We don‘t have an album for this track yet. View all albums by this artist.
Brazilian Sunset '1992.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|A2||En La Habana (Guaguanco)||3:21|
|A3.a||Conga, Bata, Y Chequere (Lucumi & Mambo)||3:02|
|A3.b||Me Buele La Muele (Columbia)||2:09|
|A5||Pan De Maiz (Conga)||1:26|
Trumpet [Solo] – Ray Maldonado
- Published By – Marmoney
- Published By – Mongo
- Published By – Cremo
- Published By – Mouzon
- Recorded At – Atlantic Studios
- Record Company – Atlantic Recording Corporation
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Atlantic Recording Corporation
- Copyright (c) – Atlantic Recording Corporation
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Atlantic
- Manufactured By – Altlantic Recording Corporation
- Lacquer Cut At – Atlantic Studios
- Pressed By – Presswell
- Alto Saxophone, Baritone Saxophone – Bill Saxon
- Arranged By – Eddy Martinez (tracks: B2), Marty Sheller (tracks: A6, B3 to B5), Mongo Santamaria (tracks: A1 to A5), Neal Creque (tracks: B1)
- Art Direction, Design – Richard Mantel
- Bass – Eddie (Gua Gua) Rivera*
- Bata [Bata Drum], Performer [Chéquere], Congas [Conga Drums], Tambourine – Julito Collazo*
- Bongos, Bells – Pablo Rosario
- Chorus – Caito, Marcelino Guerra, Welfo
- Congas [Conga Drums] – Mongo Santamaria, Papaito Muñoz*
- Drums, Timbales – Steve Berrios
- Engineer [Re-mix] – Gene Paul
- Engineer [Recording] – Jimmy Douglass
- Flute – Felix Watkins (tracks: A6, B1)
- Lacquer Cut By – GP*
- Piano, Electric Piano – Eddy Martinez
- Tenor Saxophone, Soprano Saxophone – Carter Jefferson
- Trumpet – John Faddis*, Lew Soloff, Ray Maldonado
- Vocals [Solos] – Julito Collazo*, Papaito
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Rights Society (A1 to B2, B4, B5): BMI
- Rights Society (B3): ASCAP
- Matrix / Runout (A-Side Label): ST-A-722559 PR
- Matrix / Runout (B-Side Label): ST-A-722560 PR
- Matrix / Runout (A-Side Runout Etching): ST-A-722559 ST-A-722559-A AT/GP PR
- Matrix / Runout (B-Side Runout Etching): ST-A-722560A AT/GP PR
|SD 1621||Mongo Santamaria||Up From The Roots (LP, Album)||Atlantic||SD 1621||US||1972|
|SD 1621||Mongo Santamaria||Up From The Roots (LP, RE)||Atlantic||SD 1621||US||Unknown|
|SD 1621||Mongo Santamaria||Up From The Roots (LP, Album)||Atlantic||SD 1621||Australia||1972|
|8122-73711-2||Mongo Santamaria||Up From The Roots (CD, Album, RE, RM)||Atlantic, Rhino Records||8122-73711-2||Europe||2003|
|SD 1621||Mongo Santamaria||Up From The Roots (LP, Album, Promo)||Atlantic||SD 1621||US||1972|